Thursday, May 7, 2009

My life Devoted to You

Lately I haven't been listening to God, I've been on Facebook too much, been reading to many books(not the Bible, I have only been reading the Bible for school) haven't been praying and in all, haven't been devoted to God. I have realised that something has been wrong the last couple of weeks but haven't figured out what it was. Yesterday I started reading Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris, and have been motivated to do something about what I have been reading about. Today I talked to my Mom about it, and finally realised that my problem was that I wasn't as close to God as I needed to be. So today I have decided that I was going to take a break from Facebook, I am going to stop reading non-school books, except anything that will help me with my walk with God, Pray every morning, read the Bible more often and study the Bible.

I went to Acquire the Fire last month, and it really motivated me, but when I got home after it, I went back into the same old routine. One thing that stood out at me was something Ron Luce said, he said to make God something you NEED in your life not something that you not something that you put on the shelf for when you want to use it. Make God in the center of your life, something that you can't live without!!! I haven't been doing that.

Today I am going to make GOD in the center of my LIFE, not something that I am going to put on the shelf to use when I need or want it. I am going to put HIM in my LIFE, so that I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!
Here are some verses that are my favorite and are motivating me:
Proverbs 4:26-27 "Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.Turn not to thy right hand nor to your left hand:remove thy feet from evil"
John 3:16 "For God so LOVED the WORLD, that He gave His ONLY begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE"

No comments: